About the Service
View full digital copies of your favorite magazines where you will see the exact same material you get in print‚ plus some issues include features like video, audio and live links. You may read online or download issues to your computer or mobile device to read offline. You must have a current Salem-South Lyon District Library card to use this collection.
You will need:
- A computer or supported mobile device
- The barcode number on the back of your library card
- An email address
Setting up an account:
- To create your library magazine account you must first go to the Zinio for Libraries site.
- From the page that appears click the "Create New Account" button.
- Provide your barcode and click the "next" button.
- Type in your name, email and password.
- Once all information is filled in, click the "create account" button.
- Your account is now activated - you can access magazines through the Zinio for Libraries site.
Checking-out a Magazine
- To check-out a magazine you must first go to the Zinio for Libraries site.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- Click on a magazine and select Checkout.
- Once a magazine is checked out you can either start reading right away or browse for more titles.
Get the App for Offline Viewing
Once you've created a Zinio account, you'll be able to access the magazine in two ways: with the online (web browser) version of Zinio, or with the Zinio for Libraries App. Currently, there isn't an app available for Windows Mobile, Blackberry (or other PDA's) or reading devices such as the Sony Reader, Nooks or Kindle (original or Fire). To download Zinio for your device select the correct link below:
- iOS Device (iPad): Search for "Zinio for Libraries" in iTunes store or click here.
- Android Devices: Search for "Zinio for Libraries" in Google Play or click here.
- Amazon Kindle: From your Kindle HD/HDX, click here.
Once installed you will need to sign-in.
To log-in on the Zinio for Libraries app:
1. Click the blue log in button
2. Select country
3. Select state
4. Select library - Choose THE LIBRARY NETWORK
5. Enter email address and password
There is no additional software needed to read magazines on your PC or Mac. A new tab will open in your web browser that will allow you to read the magazine immediately.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I remove magazine issues from my Zinio account?
- Connect to your Zinio account using your browser (not the app)
- Sign in and click "My Collection"
- Click on the trash icon on the magazine that you would like to delete
- Verify that you would like to remove that magazine from your collection
Can I print from a magazine?
Print options are determined by the publisher. You may be able to print a single page, a range of pages or none at all. In order to print you must be logged in to your Zinio account using a browser or the iPad app (only available for iPads with printing capabilities). Click the printer button on the bottom left side of the screen. Printing is not available from the Android app.