Letter From Race Director
Well, this is it – Year 10 of the Book’n Trilogy – a full decade! It’s been an incredible journey as we’ve grown through the years, starting as a small 5K and growing to add a 10K, additional events, and even an occasional Gecko Challenge; but this year is the final year for Bookin’– The Final Chapter!
So, in true Book’n form, we couldn’t let this one go by without making it something special, and that’s just what we’ll do! This year will be our chance to give back to you – our community, and our Library supporters! How? Well, I wanted to give everyone who registers a free book, but the REAL Race Director (my wife, Caryn the Librarian), told me it wouldn’t be such a good idea - so instead, this year will be a bit different in a few other ways. I call it the “Back to Basics, Community Giveback” year. Here’s the scoop:
1) We are not offering the 10K this year – only the 5K. Same route – the 5K is how we started, and it’s how we’re a - gonna’ finish!
2) The Kids Run stays! So much for simplification! I was told (I mean, Caryn “suggested”) that the gang loves this run, so it’ll be in….. BUT…………….. It’s FREE! That’s right – if you’re little (Ages 1-10), and have someone sign you up, you’re in! And with any luck, Bob the Gecko will be there to support all of our little athletes!
3) Speaking of cheap – here comes the biggest giveback part of all; this years’ 5K cost is……. $10! That’s all – 10 years, 10 Dollars….. Where else are you gonna’ find a chip timed, shirt included, sorta well-marked, kinda’ easy, all downhill (except for the uphill parts) course, and pancakes!?!?
4) We’ll have some special treats as well – the shirts will be a bit different this year, as will the awards – you’ll have to wait to see how those turn out!
So yes, this year will be our last, but our message is still the same – promoting and supporting our Library, and encouraging running, walking and physical fitness – and an entire race dedicated to thanking YOU for all of your support through the past decade!
Put it on your calendar, and again, sincere thanks for all of your support through the years!
Saturday, May 21, 2016:
- Storytime Challenge: 8:00 AM
- 5K Run/Walk: 9:00 AM
Millennium Middle School
61526 Nine Mile Rd. (Crossroads: Nine Mile Rd. & Pontiac Trail)
South Lyon, MI 48178.
There will be ample parking at the school.
Awards will be presented after all the runners/walkers are finished!
Overall Male and Female in the 5K Run/Walk will receive a $50 gift card to Running Fit.
Age group awards are 3 deep for the 5K Run/Walk. Age categories are as follows:
[0 - 10] [11 - 14] [15 - 18 ] [19 - 25] [26 - 30] [31 - 40] [41 - 50] [51 - 60] [61 - 69] [70 & Over]
Storytime Challenge ages and times will not be published or included in the results. All Storytime Challenge participants will receive an award.
Did we miss something? For any questions you may have about the race, contact Caryn Bartone at 248.437.6431 x204, or click here for email.