Are you looking for an informative speaker to talk to your organization, group, or club? Have one of our informative librarians present at your meeting! You can come to us or we will go to you.
Below is a list of topics on which our librarians are ready to present. We are always happy to customize a presentation to suit your needs. Let us know if you have a specific interest or subject in mind!
General Library Programs and Services
- Library Services (Learn what Your Library has to offer!)
- Learn About Upcoming Library Programs
- Topics by age group (e.g. What's new for Kids, What's new for Teens)
- Topics by subject (e.g. What's new in Adult Fiction)
- Early Literacy Tips
- Award-winning Youth and Teen Books
- How to Start and/or Run a Book Club
- Hot Book Club Reads – Find out what titles your club should read next
Technology & Computer Classes
- Computer Security: What You Should Know to Stay Secure
- Creating a Website for Your Small Business
- Microsoft Excel for Beginners
- Pinterest - Create a Personal Pinterest Page, or Pinterest for Small Business
- Facebook - For Personal Use or Facebook for Business
- Microsoft Publisher - Learn How To Create Posters, Flyers, and More!
Digital Services & Online Research
- E-books and Digital Audiobooks from the Library
- Learn a New Language with Rocket Languages
- Using DiskFree for Your Classroom or Workgroup
- Genealogy Basics with Ancestry Library Edition
- Getting Started with Goodreads
- All about MeL, the Michigan Electronic Library
Contact us for more information or to request a speaker (select "Program Suggestion / Request" as the category for the fastest response). Please make your request at least 2 weeks before the scheduled event.