Help the library by volunteering your time. For more information, click here .
Make an Online Donation
You may now donate to the library safely and conveniently online using Visa, Mastercard or Discover. If you are making a donation on someone’s behalf, all thank you letters will be sent to the shipping address specified when making your donation.
Here are ways to maximize your gift to the Salem-South Lyon District Library. Please consult your tax advisor for your particular needs.
- If you itemize deductions on your federal income tax return, DEDUCT your entire contribution to the library from your income before you calculate your tax.
- If your company provides matching gifts for charitable donations, please obtain a MATCHING GIFT form from your personnel office and enclose it with your contribution.
- Corporate contributions qualify for tax deductions.
Select Where to Donate:
Contact Your Legislators
Help the library by contacting your legislators. For more information, click here .
Other Ways to Support Your Library
- Purchase something on Amazon: Use this link: http://go.ssldl.info/amazon when you shop. The price stays the same for you, and the library receives a commission. Hint: You can drag the link above to your desktop for quick access.
- Become a Kroger Community Rewards Member: Do you have a Kroger savings card? Start earning money for the library, just go here and follow the step-by-step instructions for registering your card for the Community Rewards Program. The library will receive a kick back every time you shop - the library's Kroger organization number is 90390.
- Recycle in the Abitibi Bins: Bring your old newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail, and paper and recycle it in the large green and yellow bins in our parking lot. The library receives money for every ton collected.
- Throw some change in the Wishing Well: The wishing well is located near the Check-Out desk. Put some coins in and watch them spin around. A little changes goes a long way.
- Buy a Brick: Leave a lasting legacy by purchasing a brick. What a wonderful gift for the hard to buy for friend or family member. 4”x8” brick costs $100.00 and a 8”x8” brick costs $250.00. For an order form, click here .
- Use Todd’s Services: Todd's Services is the largest residential landscaping company in Michigan and is committed to giving back one-million dollars to local, non-profit organizations. When you hire Todd's Services tell them that you would like to support the Salem-South Lyon District Library and they will donate 3% of their total contract price (up to $600.00 maximum) to the library.
- Use Goodsearch.com: Instead of going to popular search engines such as Google or Yahoo, go here . Enter “Salem-South Lyon District Library” in the “Who Do you Search for?” box to ensure the library gets credit every time you search.
- Library Gift Tribute Program: Do you know someone who is hard to buy for? Purchase an item in Honor, Memory or Celebration of someone. There will be a special gift plate placed in the front of the item recognizing the tribute. For an order form, click here .
- Become a Circle Donor: As a circle donor, your name will be engraved on our honorary Circle Donor plaque. The circles are as follows: Laura Ingalls Wilder Circle– donations of $10-$100, Mark Twain Circle– donations of $101-$500, Nathaniel Hawthorne Circle– donations of $501-$1000, William Shakespeare Circle– donations of $1001 and more. For our donation form, click here .
- Join the Friends of the Library: If you’d like to get involved in helping to support the library, consider joining the Friends. Funds raised by the Friends help the library with many projects such as the lighted sign out front, special programs, furniture and other special projects. In addition, Friends have the opportunity to contribute free time to help the library in valuable ways. For more information, click here .
- Use Cause Brokers: If you're buying or selling a home, let Cause Brokers find you a real estate agent and they will donate thousands of dollars to the library. Click here for more information and to download the form.