Current Employment Opportunities
Information Technology Technician
POSITION: Information Technology Technician
Provides support to the Head of I.T. and organization by installing, configuring, and maintaining the computers, servers, network, and various applications.
• Proficiency with Windows based operating systems and applications.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, NATs, and other networking best practices and protocols.
• Familiarity with Active Directory, Group Policy, and security groups.
• Understanding of server stability, log tracking, and general server maintenance.
• Familiarity with computer imaging.
• Knowledge of virtualization and VM infrastructure using Hyper-V
• Dependable and flexible when scheduling hours and responding to problems.
• Ability to critically evaluate problems, and prioritize duties and tasks.
• Ability to communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work effectively alone as well as with others.
• Physical ability and stamina to perform typical duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Helps patrons and library staff with computer hardware/software needs
• Maintains and installs new equipment
• Manages network controlled print services
• Configures network infrastructure
• Manages Windows server infrastructure
• Creates and maintains Group Policies and Security Policies
• Controls and creates Active Directory organizational units and objects
• Learns and discovers latest technologies and trends
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Job duties are subject to change without notice.
REPORTS TO: Reports to Head of IT
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
Work is performed primarily in the Library’s public area and the Server Room. Tools necessary to carry out job duties will be provided.
A quarterly evaluation will be conducted by the Salem-South Lyon District Library Head of IT in accordance with the Employee Performance procedure.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a part-time position. The wages, benefits, and termination of employment are in accordance with Board policy. The Salem-South Lyon District Library is an equal opportunity and “at will” employer.
Information Technology Technician Application
Help the library by volunteering your time. For more information, click here.